Pregnant woman dies due to electrocution in Tamil Nadu’s Tirupattur

A five month pregnant woman died in Tamil Nadu’s Tirupattur due to electrocution.

Poornima is survived by her husband and 2-year-old son. (Representative Image)

By India Today Web Desk: A pregnant woman died due to electrocution in Tirupattur town in Tamil Nadu on Thursday. Identified as Poornima, the 25-year-old woman was five months pregnant.

The victim got electrocuted while cleaning her cow shed. When Poornima, who had gone to clean the shed, did not return for long, her family members went to check. That is when they found that Poornima had been electrocuted to death.


Immediately, the family members informed the Tirupattur police. The police on reaching the spot retrieved the body and sent it to Tirupattur government hospital for post-mortem.

Poornima is survived by her husband and 2-year-old son.

Also Read | 2 children among 11 electrocuted as wire gets entangled with Tamil Nadu temple chariot procession